While Disney Plus is less popular than Netflix, it still has a fair amount of videos that you can watch with a subscription. It is a video streaming site with millions of subscribers worldwide.
With a Disney Plus subscription, you can watch all video content from Disney, Pixar, National Geographic, Marvel, etc. for an unlimited time. You may know about the audio description feature if you have an active Disney Plus subscriptionR.
What are audio descriptions on Disney Plus?
Audio Descriptions on Disney Plus is basically an accessibility feature designed for people who are blind or visually impaired.
At first glance, audio descriptions look like subtitles, but they are very different. AD or audio descriptions on Disney Plus provide additional auditory context to describe what’s on screen as the video plays.
Although audio description is designed for people with visual impairments, the feature is enabled by default in some accounts. If you are not a disabled person, this feature may annoy you and force you to look for ways to disable audio descriptions on Disney Plus.
How to disable audio descriptions on Disney Plus?
If you’re not a fan of audio descriptions on Disney Plus, you’ll need to turn them off manually. Below we have discussed some easy ways turn off audio descriptions on Disney Plus. Let’s start.
Turn off audio description on Disney Plus Mobile
While Disney Plus can be accessed from a computer via the web version, the mobile app is more popular. Here’s how to disable audio description on Disney Plus mobile.
- Launch the Disney+ app on your Android or iPhone.
- Now play the movie/TV show you want to watch and tap it.
- Once the video starts playing, tap the Audio and subtitles icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you will see the audio and subtitle settings. On the audio, select one of your preferred languages don’t have AD.
- For example, you can select only English instead of English [Audio Description].
That is it! Here’s how to turn off audio descriptions in the Disney Plus app. The steps are the same for both Android and iOS Disney Plus apps.
Turn off audio description on Disney Plus on TV
The Audio and Subtitles menu of the Disney Plus TV app is in a different place. Here’s how to disable audio descriptions on Disney Plus on SmartTVs.
- First, open the Disney+ app on your SmartTV.
- Now log in with your Disney+ account and play the movie/TV series you want to watch.
- While the video plays, use your remote control to select the Audio and subtitles menu in the top right corner.
- In the audio settings, select your preferred language. Make sure the does not have audio language [Audio Description] written next to it.
- When you’re done, exit the Audio and Subtitles menu and watch your video with the original sound.
That is it! It’s that easy to turn off audio descriptions in the Disney+ app on smart TVs.
Disable audio descriptions on Disney+ Desktop
If you’re using Disney+ on your computer through a web browser, follow these steps to turn off the audio descriptions. Here’s what to do.
- Open your favorite website and visit the Disney+ website.
- Log in with your Disney+ account and play the video you want to watch.
- Click the Audio and subtitles button in the top right corner.
- Now schoose your favorite audio. Do not select the audio that has [Audio Description] written next to it.
- After selecting the audio, exit the Audio and Subtitles menu and enjoy the video title you played.
That is it! It’s that easy to turn off audio descriptions on Disney+ for desktop.
Audio descriptions on Disney+ is a great accessibility feature, but not everyone needs it. Currently, Disney Plus has over 1000 titles available with audio descriptions and some content even has audio descriptions available in multiple languages.
Also Read: How To Watch Disney+ Hotstar In The US
The video with audio descriptions has an AD icon in the video banner. So that’s all how to disable audio descriptions on disney plus. Let us know in the comments below if you need more help disabling the accessibility feature.