Recently, OpenAI, the company behind ChatGPT, introduced ChatGPT plugins. Thanks to the new ChatGPT plugins, you can do much more with the AI chatbot than just limiting yourself to the data sets that end in 2021.
Other than ChatGPT plugins, OpenAI has also introduced a new web browsing feature that pulls information from the internet and serves it to you. Both new features are only available to ChatGPT Plus subscribers.
In this article, we’ll discuss another great thing you can do with ChatGPT. We learn how to transcribe, summarize and chat a YouTube video. Let’s start.
How is this feature useful?
The capacity to transcribe, summarize and chat with videos can be useful if you are planning to create a new informational video.
Also, sometimes you don’t want to watch the whole video; you just want a tool that can summarize a video in a nutshell. This saves you time and gives you all the information shared in the video.
How to chat with YouTube videos using ChatGPT
You also get an option to chat with the transcript; you can directly ask the AI chatbot to explain some information shared in the video for better understanding.
1) Chat with YouTube videos using VidSummize
VidSummize is a Chrome extension that allows ChatGPT to watch YouTube videos for you. The extension works with any length of YouTube video, 10 minutes or 1 hour. Here’s how to use it.
1. Open Google Chrome and visit it Chrome extension page. When the page opens, click the buttonAdd to Chrome‘ knob.
2. Click the ‘Add extension‘ button on the confirmation prompt.
3. Now you are prompted to do so enter OpenAI API keys.
4. Now open this web page https://platform.openai.com/account/api-key/ and click the ‘Create new secret key‘
5. Now paste OpenAI’s API key on the Vidsummize page and click on the ‘To rescue‘ knob.
6. Then enter the YouTube video link you want to summarize and click the ‘To summarize‘ knob.
7. Now open any YouTube video; you will find one Summarize button next to the title. Click on it to summarize the video.
8. Now you will see the summary of the video.
Remark: The VudSummize Chrome extension has many bugs. Sometimes the Summarize button does not appear and the extension cannot generate a video summary. So you may have to try several times to get the extension working.
That is it! It’s that easy to use the VidSummize Chrome extension to chat with YouTube videos.
2) Summarize and chat with YouTube videos for free
This method uses the ChatYouTube website to chat with any YouTube video – sum it up. You can summarize any video, ask questions and do other things for free. Here’s how to use the website.
1. Open Google Chrome and visit it web page.
2. When the site opens, paste the youtube video url in the URL field and click the Submit knob.
3. Now you will see ChatYoutube main user interface. You will also see a summary of the video.
4. Allows you to chat with the YouTube video. You can asking questions about the video on the chat box and press the Enter knob. ChatYouTube returns with an answer.
Remark: ChatYouTube doesn’t work with every video. The success rate is high for videos for which a transcript is already available.
That is it! Here’s how you can use the ChatYouTube website to chat with any YouTube video for free.
3) Chat with YouTube videos using ChatGPT Plus
If you have a ChatGPT Plus subscription, you can easily transcribe, summarize and chat with YouTube videos without any additional extension or web tool.
Video Insights is the ChatGPT plugin that allows you to interact with online video platforms such as YouTube and Daily Motion. Here’s how to use it.
1. Open your ChatGPT Plus account and move your mouse to GPT-4 mode. From the drop-down list, select ‘Plugins (beta)‘
2. Then click on the Plugin store.
3. Find the Video Insights plug-in in the Plug-in store and click on the to install knob.
4. After installation, select ‘Plugins‘ and check the ‘Video Insights‘ plug in.
5. Now you should prompt ChatGPT Plus to transcribe or summarize your YouTube video clutch.
6. ChatGPT Plus will go straight through the video and come back with an answer.
7. You can too ask follow-up questions related to the YouTube video of the same chat.
8. More interestingly, the Video Insights plugin also works with other video sites.
That is it! Here’s how you can chat with YouTube videos using ChatGPT Plus. This is the easiest and best way to transcribe, summarize and chat YouTube videos.
Also Read: How to Enable and Use ChatGPT Plugins?
So that’s all about transcribing, summarizing and chatting your favorite YouTube videos using ChatGPT. If you are short on time, you can use these methods to know what the video tells in short. If you find this article helpful! Don’t forget to share it with your friends.