In the modern world, everyone needs an identity. How can people contact you? How to exchange information? Gmail puts an end to all these questions. Whether you are a student, blogger, running an online business, etc., you need an email address to perform your tasks.
When it comes to email services, nothing beats Gmail. Gmail is the leading free email service currently used by almost everyone. With Gmail you can exchange emails for free. Plus, you get a lot of email management features.
If you rely on Gmail to receive emails, at some point you may want to mark all emails as read. Yes, you can mark emails as read individually, but what if you don’t have the time?
Marking emails as read is the best way to keep the email inbox organized. And if you have hundreds of unread emails, you may be missing the most important one. So it’s best to mark all emails as read when needed.
Mark all emails as read in Gmail
So, if you are looking for ways to mark all emails as read in Gmail, continue reading the guide. Below we have shared some of the best ways mark all emails as read in Gmail. Let’s start.
Mark all emails as read in Gmail for PC
You’ll need to follow these simple steps if you’re using the web version of Gmail on your desktop or laptop computer. Here’s how to mark all emails as read in Gmail for PC.
1. First, open your favorite web browser and go to Gmail.com.
2. Then sign in to your account. Select the emails you want to mark check the box next to the email Sender name.
3. If you want to mark all emails as read, click the checkbox next to the Refresh button. This will select all emails displayed on the page.
4. Once selected, click on the ‘Read‘ to mark all selected emails as read.
5. If you want to undo your action, click the ‘Unread‘ knob.
That is it! This is how you can mark all emails as read in Gmail for desktop.
Mark emails as read in Gmail mobile
It’s pretty easy to mark emails as read in Gmail for Android and iOS. However, there is no option to mark all emails as read in the Gmail mobile app. Therefore, you have to manually mark individual emails as read. Here’s how to do it.
1. First, open the Gmail app on Android or iOS.
2. When the Gmail app opens, select the email you want to mark as read.
3. Tap the at the top right of the screen Read button to mark the email as read.
4. To mark multiple emails as read, go back to the inbox and long press on an email. This will select the email; just select all emails that you want to mark as read.
5. Once selected, tap the ‘ buttonRead‘ button (open mail envelope).
That is it! This will mark your selected emails as read in your Gmail.
How do I mark all emails as read in Gmail app?
To mark all emails as read, you must be using Gmail on the web. As of now, there is no option to mark all messages as read from the Gmail app.
The same goes for Android and iOS versions of the Gmail app. However, by following the above method, you can mark multiple emails as Read in Gmail app.
Another best option to mark all emails as read in Gmail app is to use third party email clients. However, third-party email apps for Android often come with security and privacy risks. Therefore, make sure to choose a reliable third-party email app and download it from trusted sources
So, this guide is about how to mark all emails as read in Gmail. If you need more help with marking emails as read in Gmail, let us know in the comments. And if the article helped you, share it with your friends.