Instagram is a great platform to connect with people and have fun. It is a photo and video sharing platform that is growing in popularity every day.
Nowadays, Instagram also has a TikTok-like feature called Reels that allows users to upload or watch short videos. Since Instagram is mainly a photo sharing platform, you may have exchanged many photos and videos with your friends in a chat.
There are no restrictions on sharing photos and videos on the platform, but sometimes it can be difficult to get back to the photos you sent. Sometimes you may want to recheck the photos you sent.
So if you don’t know how to see sent photos on Instagram, continue reading the guide. Below we have shared some best ways view sent photos on Instagram. Let’s start.
See Sent photos on Instagram
Since Instagram is primarily for mobile, you’ll need to use the Instagram app on your Android or iOS to check all the photos you’ve sent. Here is how to view sent photos on instagram.
Remark: We used an Android device to demonstrate the steps. The steps are also the same for Instagram for iPhone.
1. First, open the Instagram app on your Android/iPhone and log in to your account.
2. Once logged in, tap the Messenger icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. This will open the conversation page on your Instagram. Here you have to select the chat you want to see the messages with the photos.
4. When the chat window opens, tap the user name next to their profile picture.
5. This will open the Chat details page. You need to scroll down to the Poles & Rolls or ‘Photos and videossection. Then tap the ‘See everything‘ knob.
6. Now you will see all the photos and videos you sent in the chat.
That is it! This way you can see sent photos and videos on Instagram. After knowing the right way to check sent photos and videos, you don’t need to browse the chats to check the media files individually.
How to see disappearing photos sent on Instagram
In 2021, Instagram launched a new feature that allowed users to send disappearing photos and videos. This feature allows you to share messages and photos and set them to disappear after a certain amount of time.
Now if you are wondering if you can see disappearing photos sent on Instagram, NO, you can’t. There is no option to access the disappearing photos you sent someone in chat.
However, Instagram does allow you to see the status of a disappearing photo or video you’ve sent in chat. To do so, follow the steps below.
1. First, open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS.
2. Then tap the messenger icon in the upper right corner.
3. Select the conversation you sent the disappearing photo to.
4. Just below the disappearing photo, you will see the status. If someone took a screenshot of your post, you’ll see a dotted circle next to it.
That is it! Here’s how to see disappearing photos sent on Instagram.
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that you may have questions about Instagram photos sent in a DM. Below we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions.
Can I see photos I sent on Instagram disappear?
You can replay the photos when they are available. Once gone, there is no way to see the photos. You can only replay a received photo or video if the sender has given permission to replay it.
Can I recover unsent photos on Instagram?
No, there is no way to recover unsent photos on Instagram. However, there are quite a few tools available on the internet that claim to do this. It is recommended to avoid such tools as they are not genuine and can pose security and privacy risks.
How long can you see Instagram photos sent on DM?
Well, the photo sent on a DM stays there forever. The photos are in the DM unless the user account is deleted, the photo is reported and deleted, or the user manually deletes the photo.
So, this guide is about seeing sent photos on Instagram app. If you need more help viewing all your sent photos on Instagram, let us know in the comments. And if the article helped you, share it with your friends.