How to Reset Windows Security App in Windows 11
Windows 11 users don’t need to install any third-party antivirus app to protect their computers. The operating system ships with a built-in security tool called Windows Security. Windows Security, previously called Windows Defender, is a built-in security tool that protects Windows PC from various security threats.
The latest version of Windows Defender also has some advanced security features such as Ransomware Protection and Exploit protection. While Windows Defender or Windows Security application is bug-free, users can sometimes face problems.
Few Windows 11 users have recently reported problems with the Microsoft Defender. Users have claimed that the Windows Security application is showing an error, and sometimes it fails to run the scan. So, if you are also dealing with Windows Security-related problems on your Windows 11, you have landed on the right page.
Also read: Windows 11 ISO Free Download Full Version
Reset Windows Security App in Windows 11
This article will discuss some of the best ways to reset the Windows Defender in Windows 11. Resetting the defender will probably fix all errors and eliminate all bugs preventing the application from running. Here’s how to reset the Windows Defender in Windows 11.
1) Reset Windows Defender via PowerShell
This method will use the PowerShell utility to reinstall the Windows Defender application. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First, click on the Windows 11 search and type PowerShell. Next, right-click on PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
2. Now, on the PowerShell window, type in the following command and press the Enter button.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
3. Now, wait for a few seconds until the scan completes.
That’s it! Once the reinstallation part completes, restart your Windows 11 computer. After the restart, you can run Windows Security without any issue.
2) Reset Windows Security via Settings
In this method, we will use Windows 11’s Settings app to reset the Windows Security application. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First, click on the Windows 11 Start button and select Settings.
2. Click on the Apps on the left pane of the Settings app.
3. On the right, click on the Installed Apps option.
4. On the Installed apps, scroll down and find Windows Security. Next, click on the three dots beside Windows Security.
5. From the list of options that appears, tap on the Advanced options.
6. On the Advanced options, click on the Reset button.
That’s it! This is how you can reset the Windows Security application from the Windows 11 Settings.
Also read: How To Remotely Control Another PC Without Any Tool
So, these are the two best ways to reset Windows Defender or Windows Security in Windows 11. You should reset the security tool if you’re facing problems with you. If you need more help, let us know in the comments below.