If you are an Instagram influencer or have an account with a large following, you might know how difficult it is to deal with spam messages and comments. Few users also use bots to send spam messages & comments to accounts with huge followers/following.
To deal with spam on the platform, you can block or restrict Instagram accounts, but manually finding & blocking Instagram accounts could be time-consuming and tedious. To deal with this, Instagram introduced an improved version of Restrict called Limits.
What are the Limits on Instagram App?
Limits is a feature designed to prevent abusive comments and DMs. Instagram Influencers can turn on Limits to prevent comment spam and unwanted messages in DMs.
Instagram Limits is a feature that’s easy to turn on and will automatically hide comments and DM requests from people who don’t follow you or have just started to follow you.
So, Limits are indeed a great feature since it allows you to hear from your followers while limiting accounts that are supposed to harass you.
Also Read: How to Add Music to an Instagram Story?
Easy Steps to Limit Messages and Comments on Instagram
Now that you know what is Limits on Instagram, you can use it to your advantage. Here’s how to Limit Messages and comments on the Instagram app.
1. First, open the Instagram app on your Android device and tap on your profile picture.
2. On the Profile page, tap on the hamburger menu in the top-right corner.
3. From the list of options that appears, tap on the Settings.
4. On the Settings page, tap on the Privacy option.
5. On the Privacy page, tap on the Limits.
6. Now, under the Who to limit section, turn on two options ‘Accounts that aren’t following you’, and ‘Recent followers’
7. Now, on the How long to limit for section, set the duration for the limit. After this duration, Instagram will remind you to turn off the Limits.
8. Once done, tap on the Turn on button.
That’s it! This is how you can limit Messages and Comments on Instagram. Please note that spammers can still comment on your post or send you DMs, but they will be kept hidden unless you manually approve them. If you want, you can even check your Comment history on Instagram.
So, this guide is about limiting messages and comments on Instagram. Apart from the Instagram Limits, you even have an option to turn off comments on Instagram posts. If you need more help setting up Instagram Limits, let us know in the comments below.