How to Install Windows 11 on PC/Laptop
Windows 11 has been out for a while, but many users still don’t know how to download and install it. You may find this article helpful if you plan to install Windows 11.
This article discusses some of the best ways to download and install Windows 11 on a computer. We have shared all possible ways to help you get Windows 11 on your PC/Laptop. Let’s see how it’s done Download and install Windows 11.
Download Windows 11 ISO files
Yes, there is an option to download and install Windows 11 without the ISO files, but this requires you to enroll your device in the Windows Insider program. Once enrolled, you will only receive the Beta, Dev, and Release Preview builds of Windows 11.
The builds released on Windows Insider programs contain bugs that can ruin your PC experience. Therefore, it is best to download a stable version of the Windows 11 ISO file and do a fresh install.
We have already shared a detailed guide on downloading Windows 11 ISO files. We have listed all the possible methods to get the latest version of Windows 11 ISO in that guide. So go through that article and download the Windows 11 ISO files first.
How to Install Windows 11 on PC/Laptop
After downloading the Windows 11 ISO files, you need to follow these steps to install Windows 11 on a PC/Laptop.
Important: It is best to make a good backup of all important files before installing Windows 11. Performing a fresh install will delete all files and erase the disk partitions. So you have no chance of data recovery.
Create a bootable USB drive
First of all, you need to create an installation media. Then if you have a pen drive you can flash Windows 11 into it. Follow the steps below to create a bootable USB drive for Windows 11.
- First download and install Rufus on your Windows 10 PC. Then open the Rufus application.
- Click on the ‘Select‘ button and locate the Windows 11 ISO file you downloaded.
- Under the device, select your connected USB drive.
- When you’re done, click the ‘Get started knob.
If you want to install Windows 11 on an incompatible device, follow our guide – Create a bootable USB to bypass Windows 11 restrictions.
Bypass minimum system requirements for Windows 11
Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot for installation. If your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements, you should follow our guide – Install Windows 11 on unsupported PCs.
If your PC supports it, you can manually enable TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot on your device to install Windows 11.
Install Windows 11 on a PC/laptop
After creating a bootable USB drive, you need to follow some simple steps below Install Windows 11. The process will take quite a long time so follow the steps carefully.
1. Restart your computer first and press the startup key continuously. The startup key is usually F8, F9, Esc, F12, F10, Delete, etc.
2. Select Boot from USB drive or the USB hard drive option on the startup screen.
3. Now the Windows 11 installation wizard starts. First you need to set the language, time and keyboard. When you’re done, click the Next one knob.
4. On the next page, click the Install now choice.
5. Then click on the I don’t have a product key. Then on the next page, select Windows 11 edition.
6. In the next screen, click on the Amended choice.
7. On the next page you will be prompted to select the partition. Select the partition where you want to install Windows 11 and click the Next one knob.
8. Now wait for Windows 11 to complete the installation process.
9. After completion, your PC will restart. After the reboot, you will see the Windows 11 installation screen. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
10. Once completed, Windows 11 will take a few minutes to complete make your selected changes.
Once done, Windows 11 will be live on your PC. That is it! You are done. That’s how it is Download and install Windows 11 straight away.
Install Windows 11 without ISO files
If you don’t want to perform a clean install, you’ll need to join the Windows Insider Program and upgrade your existing Windows 10 to Windows 11.
This is a lengthy process and requires an active Microsoft account. Earlier, we shared a step-by-step guide about Install Windows 11 Beta on a PC. Check out the guide to sign up for the Windows Insider program and get the Windows 11 upgrade.
You have 15 days after installing Windows 11 roll back to Windows 10. So if you are having issues with the Windows 11 beta versions, make sure to downgrade it before the time runs out.
So this article is all about downloading and installing Windows 11 on a PC/laptop. These are some of the easiest ways to install the latest Windows 11 on your PC. If you need more help, let us know in the comments below.