Many Windows 11/10 users have been experiencing problems launching their favorite apps and games recently. NotificationController.dll not found error message pops up while opening any program, software or game preventing them from running.
If you landed on this page, you are the “NotificationController.dll not found” error message while running your favorite Windows apps or games. What exactly is the error and why does it appear? Let’s know.
What does NotificationController.dll Missing Error mean?
The NotificationController.dll is an essential file for any program you use on your computer. When you launch a program, it uses a file called “NotificationController.dll” to find the necessary instructions.
The NotificationController.dll file is usually stored in two places on your computer: the first, where the program is installed, and the second, your computer’s system folder, “System 32” or “SysWOW64”.
The error message appears when Windows opens the NotificationController.dll file in one of these two places; hence it says the file is missing.
And if your computer can’t get instructions from NotificationController.dll, the program won’t start. So to fix the error, make sure that the file is saved in the right place and is not corrupted.
Best ways to fix NotificationController.dll missing error on Windows
You can do a number of things to resolve the issue NotificationController.dll missing error message on your computer. Below we have shared all the working methods to fix the missing dll error.
1. Use a DLL Fixer software
Many free DLL Fixer software available for Windows can fix all missing DLL errors, including the NotificationController.dll. These DLL repair tools basically repair the DLL files which are:
- Missing or not found
We have already shared a list of the best DLL Fixer software for Windows PC. You should go through that article and choose the tool that suits your need and budget. After fixing the missing DLL errors, you need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
2. Update your Windows PC
Updating the Windows operating system is the next best option to resolve all missing DLL errors.
Many users on the Microsoft Forum have claimed that they can fix the NotificationController.dll error by updating their Windows 11/10 to the latest version.
So, before trying the following methods, install all pending updates on your computer by following the steps below.
1. Click the Windows Start button and select Institutions.
2. When Windows Settings opens, switch to the WindowsUpdate tab in the left sidebar.
3. Click the on the right side Check for updates knob.
4. Now Windows will automatically find and install all pending updates.
That is it! After installing the updates, restart your PC to resolve the missing DLL errors.
3. Reinstall the problematic app
Sometimes the NotificationController.dll missing error can be linked to a faulty app installation or corrupted app files. You can reinstall the problematic app to fix all app installation problems.
1. Click on Search Windows and type in Control panel.
2. Open the Control Panel app from the list and select Uninstall a program.
3. Now right click on the program that is showing you the error and select To delete.
That is it! After uninstalling, go to the official website to reinstall the app on your computer.
4. Run the System File Checker utility
System File Checker or SFC tool is one of the best ways to deal with corrupted system files. The tool can potentially fix most of the problems of Windows including the missing DLL errors. Here’s how to run the SFC tool on Windows.
1. Click on Search Windows and type in CMD.
2. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
3. When the command prompt opens, type sfc / scan and press Enter.
Now you have to wait for the SFC command to scan and repair all corrupted system files.
5. Perform a system recovery
If none of the methods have worked so far, you can roll back your Windows to a point where your computer is free of errors. However, you can only perform a system restore if the restore points were previously enabled.
1. Click on Search Windows and type in System recovery.
2. Select from the list of apps that appears Recovery.
3. In the Restore system files and settings window, click Next one.
4. Now select your ideal restore point and click Next one.
5. In the confirmation window, click the Finish knob.
That is it! This will restore your PC to the selected restore point.
6. Reset your Windows PC
If nothing worked for you to fix the NotificationController.dll missing error, your last resort is to perform a factory reset. Back up your important files and folders before resetting your Windows PC.
1. Click Windows Search and select Institutions.
2. In Settings, switch to the WindowsUpdate tab on the left.
3. Now click on the on the right side Advanced options.
3. Click on the right side Recovery.
4. Then in the recovery options, click Reset PC.
5. At the prompt, select Choose an option Keep my files.
6. Select on the next screen Cloud download.
That is it! Now follow the onscreen instructions to reset your Windows PC to factory settings. After the reset, reinstall the app; you will not get the NotificationController.dll missing error this time.
Also Read: Download Windows 11 ISO file 64 bit
These are the few best things that you can do to fix NotificationController.dll missing errors on Windows computer. We are pretty sure that all these methods would have fixed the error message. If you need more help fixing the NotificationController.dll not found error on Windows, let us know in the comments.