It doesn’t matter if your smartphone has 8 GB or 12 GB RAM; if you don’t properly manage RAM usage, you will get performance issues. Although RAM management is good on new devices, it is still recommended to manually track RAM consumption.
However, the Android mobile operating system does not provide any function to find apps that use the most memory. To do that, you must first enable the Developer option and check the consumption of the app resources manually.
Also Read: 10 Best Android Apps to Automate Tasks
Steps to determine which apps use the most memory on Android
So if you are wondering what apps eat up RAM, we help you find out. In this article, we share a step-by-step guide to find out which apps are using the most memory on Android. Let’s check out.
1. First open the Institutions app on your Android.
2. Now scroll down and tap on the About phone choice.
3. Under the About phone, find the Build number option. You should tap the Build number 5-6 times in a row to activate developer mode.
4. Return to the previous page and locate the Developer options.
5. In developer mode, tap the Memory as shown in the screenshot below.
6. On the next page, tap the Memory used by apps choice.
7. This will display the average memory usage of each app installed on your device. You can adjust the time frame using the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
That is it! You are done. Here’s how to see which apps use the most memory on Android.
Track the app’s RAM usage with Activity Monitor
If you’re not running the latest version of Android, you’ll need to use the Activity Monitor app to see which apps are using the most memory. Here’s how to use the Activity Monitor app keep track of the app’s RAM usage on Android.
1. Download and install it Activity monitor app on your android phone.
2. Once installed, open the app and tap Continue and agree knob.
3. The app will ask you to give permission. Make sure to grant all relevant permissions.
4. Once done, you can now see the main interface of the app. Switch to the Tasks tab at the bottom to check app memory usage.
5. Now you can see all applications runs in the background and uses the RAM resources.
6. For more information about memory usage, tap the application name.
That is it! This way you can see which apps use the most memory on Android smartphones.
So, this guide is about finding which apps use the most memory on Android. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends too. If you have any doubts, let us know in the comment box below.