Well, Android devices come with GPS connectivity options for location services. Your smartphone tracks your location for several reasons. Location services allow you to track travel routes, track lost devices, etc.
Apps use not only that, but also GPS functionality to provide you with location-based services. Even big companies like Google, Tinder, Facebook, Uber, Swiggy, etc. rely on GPS to provide their services.
There could be multiple reasons why you want to spoof your GPS location. For example, maybe you want to check in somewhere without going there; or access location-specific content. Whatever the reason, you can do it easily fake a GPS location on your android device.
How to fake a GPS location on Android
Therefore, in this article, we share a method that you can use to spoof GPS locations on Android devices. To fake GPS location on Android, we use an app called ‘Fake GPS Location – GPS JoyStick’. Here’s what to do.
1. Install the Fake GPS Location – GPS JoyStick app on your Android.
2. Open the app and accept the privacy and policy.
3. Now you will see the main interface of the app.
4. Now scroll down and select the Set location choice. Now tap the Click here to open the map’ choice.
5. Now select the location on the map and place the marker. When you’re done, tap the Get started knob.
6. You must turn on the GPS location now.
7. When you’re done, you have to grant permission to draw over other apps. Authorize.
8. Now you need the Mock location.
9. To enable the fake location, go to the Developer optionand then tap Select fake location app. Then select GPS joystick like a fake location app.
10. Once done, the app will notify you that the Mock location service is running.
11. To confirm the changes, open Google Maps and check the current location. You should see the new location there.
That is it! Here’s how to fake a GPS location on an Android device.
Other apps you can use to spoof GPS location on Android
Like the ones we’ve listed, many others GPS location spoofer apps are available for Android. You can use such apps to fake GPS on the go. Here are some of the best apps to use on Android.
1. Fake GPS Go location spoofer
Fake GPS Go Location Spoofer is one location changer app which allows you to falsify GPS coordinates on the go. You can use this app to override your current proximity to prank your friends.
Fake GPS Go Location Spoofer is a great app especially if you want to geotag fake locations on your photos. The app is free and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
2. Fake GPS location professional
If you are looking for an easy to use location spoofer app for android, you should give Fake GPS Location Professional a try. The app has a fairly clean user interface and has everything you need to spoof your location.
While the app is user-friendly, you need to enable developer mode on your Android and make a few changes there to make it work. Fake GPS Location Professional settings screen will help you fake GPS location.
3. Fake GPS
Fake GPS is one of the most effective and lightweight GPS location spoofing apps on the Google Play Store. The app is very popular and is completely free to download and use.
The app offers you two modes to fake your GPS, the first is by manually setting coordinates and the second is by entering the location name. However, for the app to work, you need to make some changes in the developer settings.
These are some of the best free Android apps to spoof your GPS location. All apps were available on the Google Play Store and can be downloaded for free.
Also Read: Download Google Maps for PC
So, this article is about faking a GPS location on your phone. You can rely on the shared method or use the apps to mock your GPS location on Android. If you need more help on how to spoof GPS location on Android, let us know in the comments below.