Today there is no shortage of it shopping websites. You will find special shopping sites for clothes, gadgets, etc. Also, a few popular sites like Amazon sell various products.
Let’s admit that nowadays people prefer to shop online rather than in local stores. The advantage of shopping online is that you get a wide variety of products and price comparison options.
It’s pretty normal for an average user to spend hours looking for the perfect gift, find a great deal, and place an order. But what after placing the order? You have to visit those sites again and again to track your ordering process.
While order tracking may sound simple, it can be time-consuming and frustrating. You have to keep visiting the site again and again to check where your package has arrived. To help you facilitate such things, the Gmail app for Android provides you with a package tracking feature.
What is the package tracking feature in Gmail?
In November 2022, Google announced the package tracking feature on the Gmail app for Android and iPhone. The feature is still new and is slowly being rolled out to users.
As of today, the package tracking feature is available to every Android and iPhone user, but users need to enable it manually.
Package Tracking is a Gmail feature that shows a simple, convenient view of your package tracking and delivery information in your inbox. For example, if you placed an order with Amazon, the order details will be sent to your Gmail address.
The package tracking feature automatically detects the email and displays your current delivery status in the list view of your inbox. This is a very useful feature as users are not dependent on third-party package tracking sites or apps.
Enable packet tracking in Gmail?
It’s pretty easy to do enable Gmail Package Tracking. You need to make sure your phone is running the latest version of the Gmail app. Here are the steps to follow.
Important: We used an Android device to demonstrate the process. iPhone users must follow the same steps.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device and search for Gmail. Open the Gmail app and tap the ‘To update‘ knob.
2. Then open the Gmail app and tap the burger menu in the top left corner.
3. In the side menu, scroll down and tap Settings.
4. On the General Settings, select your email address.
5. Then scroll down and find the Track package option. You have to Check the box next to the option to enable the feature.
6. Once enabled, reopen the Gmail app and open the email containing your order details.
7. You will notice a special one Parcel tracking section above the email body. The section has the option to track the package.
8. Tap the Track Package option to check the current status of your package.
That is it! Here’s how to use the package tracking feature of the Gmail app.
Gmail’s package tracking feature is great, but it still redirects you to the official link. If you want the best tracking option, it is recommended that you use a package tracking app.
Also Read: How to Mark All Emails as Read in Gmail
So, this guide is about how to enable and use the package tracking feature in Gmail. If you need more help tracking your packages with the Gmail app, let us know in the comments. And if the article helped you, share it with your friends.