Typos and grammar mistakes are quite common when texting. WhatsApp as the world’s largest chat app, recently announced a feature to edit text messages to fix such typos. So in this article, I am going to write down all the methods you can follow to edit WhatsApp messages. Let’s start.
Edit WhatsApp messages on Android:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone and open a conversation.
- Tap a message you want to edit for a few seconds.
- Open the menu with three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select Edit.
- Correct your typos or enter a new message and tap finch in addition to that.
- Please. The recipient only sees the new message with the Edited banner below.
Edit messages on WhatsApp iPhone:
- Go to a chat conversation in WhatsApp for iPhone.
- Tap a message for a few seconds and tap Edit from the floating menu.
- Type a new message and tap finch.
How to edit WhatsApp text on Windows:
- Open WhatsApp and open a recent conversation.
- Right-click on a WhatsApp message you want to edit.
- Select Edit.
- Type a new message and check the original message at the top.
- Click the finch to confirm the new text.
How to edit WhatsApp texts on Mac:
- Open a chat in WhatsApp for Mac.
- Right click on a message and select “Edit” to open a pop-up window to edit the message.
- Edit or write a new message and click the finch.
Follow the same steps if you use WhatsApp on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari to edit.