As time goes on, the technology around us becomes more and more advanced. Today, AI tools can respond to our text and make useful suggestions.
While AI tools came into the limelight a few months ago, there are many tools and apps that are underrated. An example of such a tool is Google Earth, which offers the world’s most detailed globe.
You can access Google Earth by installing the desktop, Android, iOS, and Linux apps. On desktop you have to Download Google Earth Pro. For those who don’t want to install a program, the fully interactive web version of Google Earth can be used from any web browser.
What is Google Earth?
Many users often confuse Google Maps and Google Earth. Both do not share any similarities and hence are not applicable for comparison. Google Maps is a very useful navigation app, while the purpose of Google Earth is to take you on a virtual tour of different places in the world.
Google Earth is designed exclusively for explorers who want to explore different places on Earth. The tool allows you to visit beautiful places virtually in 3D without much distraction.
When you first access the Google Earth Pro desktop or the online tool, you can see our planet Earth in 3D. You can spin and visit the world wherever you want, right from home. You can also wander through the streets and see beautiful places.
Google earth pro free download
If you want to see the world from above, don’t waste any more time researching Google Earth. Google Earth has all the tools you need to explore global satellite imagery and 3D buildings and terrain for hundreds of cities.
There are multiple ways to use Google Earth on PC. You can use the web version or download the Google Earth app for PC. The Google Earth desktop app is called Google Earth Pro and has more features.
To get the most out of Google Earth, you should download Google Earth Pro for desktop. Let’s the Download Google Earth Pro for free.
How do I install Google Earth Pro on PC?
After downloading Google Earth Pro on your PC, you need to follow these simple steps to install Google Earth Pro. Here’s how install Google Earth Pro on a computer.
1. Google earth pro download Setup file on your computer from the link we shared.
2. After downloading it on your computer, launch Google Earth Pro Setup file.
3. Now wait for Google Earth Pro to download on your computer. Once downloaded, it installs automatically.
4. Now click on Windows Search and type Google Earth Pro. Now open the relevant app from the list of matching results.
5. Google Earth Pro will launch on your computer. You now have access Google Earth Pro from your computer.
That is it! Here’s how to download and install Google Earth Pro on PC.
Google Earth Online – How to access it?
To access Google Earth online, make sure that the hardware acceleration feature is enabled in your browser. The feature is probably already enabled. This will give you access to the online version of Google Earth.
Enable hardware acceleration
Follow some of the simple steps we shared below to enable hardware acceleration in your browser. Here are the steps for Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome and enter chrome://settings in the address bar.
- Switch to the System tab.
- Now switch the use hardware acceleration if possible choice.
Once you’ve enabled hardware acceleration in your web browser, follow the steps we’ve shared to access and use Google Earth online.
1. Open the Google Chrome web browser and sign in to your Google account.
2. Once logged in, go to the Google Earth webpage and wait for the site to load correctly.
3. Now you can main interface from Google Earth.
How to use Google Earth?
Once you have access to the online version of Google Earth, you can explore the features and options to learn how to use the web tool. Below we have shared some tips on how to use Google Earth.
1. Open Google Earth in your web browser and click the Traveler icon on the left. This is a feature that allows you to create virtual tours. You use it to explore different tourist spots. There are interactive quizzes to test your knowledge on the selected tour.
2. Google Earth web allows you to explore the buildings in 3D, but you need a dedicated GPU for that; otherwise the buildings will be displayed in 2D. Click on the Cards style icon on the left and enable the ‘Enable 3D Buildings‘ choice.
3. Creating Google Earth projects is also very easy. Projects allow you to collect locations, photos, and videos to build a story or custom maps. You can click on the project icon on the left and To create in the menu that appears.
Create project” width=”700″ height=”451″ srcset=”https://techviral.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Google-Earth-3.jpg 700w, https://techviral.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Google-Earth-3-300×193.jpg 300w” size=”(max-width: 700px) 100vw, 700px”>
Then select New project > Create project in Google Drive. When you’re done, assign a name to your project. Once you’ve created a project, you can explore Google Earth as usual and place things in your project by clicking the Add to Project button.
Create project” width=”700″ height=”439″ srcset=”https://techviral.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Google-Earth-5.jpg 700w, https://techviral.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Google-Earth-5-300×188.jpg 300w” size=”(max-width: 700px) 100vw, 700px”>
4. For new users, Google Earth has a “I’am guessing‘ knob. The feature is for those who don’t know which place to explore. The feature rolls a dice on the earth and takes you to a random place. So you can roll the dice with ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ and see where the world takes you.
You can continue to explore the Google Earth user interface to explore all its capabilities. It has many exciting features that you will come across while using it in your web browser.
Google Earth Street View
Street View is a feature seen on both Google Maps and Google Earth. This feature basically allows you to explore places more closely. You can zoom in to see the buildings, landmarks, bridges and more.
Keep in mind that Google Earth Street View is not available everywhere. If the location you’re looking for has Street View, follow these steps to access it. Here’s what to do.
1. Open your web browser and go to Google Earth. You can also use the Google Earth Pro desktop app.
2. Now, search for the location you want to check or explore.
3. Click on the at the bottom Pegman icon. If there is no Pegman icon, street view is not available for your location.
4. Now you will see that certain areas are marked blue. Those are the places you can check in Street View.
That is it! Here’s how to use Google Earth Street View on Desktop.
Google Earth features
Google Earth has many exciting features that will keep you hooked on the app. Here are some exciting things you can do with Google Earth.
Find places you love
Google Earth is mainly used to find places you love. You can explore global satellite images and 3D buildings and terrain for hundreds of cities.
Navigate your way
Once you’ve found the places you’d like to explore, you can zoom in on the buildings and dive in for a 360° perspective with Street View.
Tour around the world
Google Earth’s Voyager feature lets you take a tour of the world with some of the world’s leading scientists, storytellers, and nonprofits.
Time lapse in Google Earth
A few months ago, Google added a new Timelapse feature to Google Earth. The timelapse video shows how planet Earth changed after 1984. You can view the timelapse on Google Earth for PC, Android and iPhone.
Find a location with Google Earth and share it
Google Earth is also used to find location information of points of interest worldwide. You just need to open Google Earth, find the location and copy the URL. Once you get the URL, you can share it in messages and on social media.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Google Earth Pro free?
Yes, Google Earth Pro is free to download and use on desktop computers. It is a desktop app that offers advanced features. You also get an option to go back in time with historical images.
What is Google Earth vs Pro?
Google Earth is lighter than Google Earth Pro and can be accessed through any web browser. On the other hand, Google Earth Pro comes with more advanced features and needs to be installed on a computer.
What’s the Best Google Earth Alternative?
Google Earth is the leading web tool that lets you explore different places in 3D. Other tools that come close to Google Earth are Zoom Earth, NASA World Wind, and Google Street View.
How often is Google Earth updated?
Google Earth collects images from a variety of sources, such as satellite, aerial, and Street View photography. It also collects some images from third-party sources.
How often it gets updates largely depends on several factors such as the location and area, time and money, security of the location, and a few other things.
Are images in real time in Google Earth Pro?
No, the images in Google Earth are not real-time. Images are collected from providers and platforms over time and are not in real time. So you will not see any live changes.
So, this guide is about downloading Google Earth Pro for PC. We’ve covered everything about the Google Earth desktop app and Google Earth Pro. So, what’s your take on Google Earth, which provides a 3D view of the Earth based primarily on satellite imagery? Discuss this with us in the comments.