GPT-3 had already skyrocketed the AI section and now OpenAI has launched its successor – GPT-4. The launch of GPT-4 has already reduced the craze of Google’s recently announced PaLM AI model, which is supposed to be a GPT-3 competitor.
What is GPT-4?
Simply put, GPT-4 is a large language model created by AI Powerhouse OpenAI. It is a successor to GPT-3, which took the Internet by storm and is more advanced.
GPT-4 can now accept images as input; on the other hand, GPT-3 and GPT 3.5 can only handle text input. This means that creators and image editors can take the help of GPT-4 to create unique content.
The processing power on GPT-4 has also increased significantly; it can handle over 25,000 words of text. In addition, GPT-4 can now process more information at once.
How do I access GPT-4 AI now?
There are two different ways to access the GPT-4 AI model. However, keep in mind that GPT-4 is not free; you have to buy one $20/month subscription to access the new AI model.
If you are a ChatGPT Plus subscriber, you can access GPT-4 directly and enjoy the huge benefits.
Access GPT-4 (official method)
You should only follow this method if you have a ChatGPT Plus subscription. If you don’t have a ChatGPT Plus subscription, you can also follow the steps to subscribe and to get access to GPT-4 AI modeI.
1. First, open your favorite web browser and visit it web page. This will open the ChatGPT website.
2. On the welcome screen, click the login button and log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, click the To register knob.
3. Now go through the account creation process and create your account.
4. If you are not subscribed to ChatGPT Plus, you will see a new ‘Upgrade to Plusoption in the lower left corner. Click on the ‘Upgrade to Plus’ option.
5. At the Your Account prompt, click the ‘Upgrade planon ChatGPT Plus.
6. Then, enter your payment information and billing address. Then click on the Subscribe knob.
7. Once payment is made, you can use the GPT-4 model without any restrictions. Select ‘GPT-4‘ on the Fashion model drop-down list and keep using it.
That is it! This is the official method to access GPT-4 on your computer now.
How to use GPT-4 for free?
If you can’t afford a ChatGPT Plus subscription, an alternative lets you use GPT-4 for free.
Microsoft recently revealed that its new Bing search engine uses GPT-4, the latest from OpenAI’s offerings. This means you can use the new Bing search engine to access the new GPT-4 AI model without spending anything.
However, getting your hands on Microsoft Bing’s new AI Chat can be challenging. You would have to be on a long waiting list to gain entry.
If you haven’t used the new Bing AI yet, follow our guide to access Bing AI GPT-4 Powered chat in any web browser. And if you are not already on the waiting list to access the new Bing AI Chat, follow our guide – Use ChatGPT on Microsoft Edge and Bing
Which is better, Bing AI or GPT-4?
The new Bing AI service now runs on GPT-4, so there’s no competition between the two. However, GPT-4 is limited to the September 2021 data set and on the other hand, Bing AI chat uses the internet to fetch the latest results.
Bing AI may not give you the full GPT-4 experience, but it covers all real-time events. So if you can adapt to GPT-4’s limitation, a ChatGPT Plus plan could be the best choice.
If you want to avoid purchasing a ChatGPT Plus subscription, Bing AI could be an obvious choice.
Also Read: Using ChatGPT on Microsoft Edge & Bing
So that’s all about the recently launched GPT-4 and how to use it. If you need more help accessing the new GPT-4, let us know in the comments. And if the article helped you, share it with your friends.