Yesterday, the national telecom regulator Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) launched a temporary mobile registration system for overseas Pakistanis and foreigners. The new system allows these individuals to use their mobile phone for 120 days without paying PTA tax. The new system was inaugurated by the Honorable Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif at a ceremony at PM’s home. The said period starts from the date of arrival of a foreign person in Pakistan. Now let’s see how Overseas Residents and Foreigners can register for PTA temporary mobile registration upon arrival in Pakistan.
How to Register for PTA Temporary Mobile Registration System?
Here’s the step-by-step guide:
- After that, you need to create an account by clicking on the login option as shown in the image provided.
- In the next step you have to select the target and then enter the user type as shown in the picture.
- Now enter your personal information along with the password and click submit.
- You will then receive an email or SMS with the verification link. Clicking on the link will activate your account.
- Go to dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs again and enter your credentials. Then, as you can see in the image above, a claim form will appear in which you must agree to the General Terms and Conditions. Then click on ‘Temporary Registration for Overseas Pakistanis/Foreigners’.
- Now enter your CNIC, passport number, date of entry and date of departure. Then enter the number of SIMs you will use with the mobile network operator. Click the commitment again and click submit. After that, a six-digit OTP will be generated and enter it in the OTP bar at the bottom.
- Your mobile phone will be registered once your details have been verified.
Points to remember:
1) Those who already have a DRS (Device Registration System) account should log in directly and follow the similar steps above to register their mobile phones for 120 days without paying PTA tax.
2) Once a person’s mobile phone and SIM card are linked to the temporary mobile registration system, it will automatically work with the system every time they visit Pakistan.
Frequently Asked Questions (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. Will the temporary mobile registration system work if you visit Pakistan again?
A: Yes, the temporary mobile phone registration system works every time you leave the country and visit the country after a certain time.
Q. What happens after 120 days?
A: If you stay in Pakistan for 120 days, the IMEI numbers you use with this system will be suspended and you will no longer be able to use them on the local network.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of times I can use the temporary mobile login system?
A: No, there is no limit to the number of times you can use the temporary mobile registration system. You can register your mobile phone every time you visit Pakistan as long as you adhere to the 120 day limit.
We hope overseas Pakistanis and foreigners can now easily register for the temporary mobile registration system. Feel free to contact us through the comment section if you have any questions about the item.