Gmail is a great email service from Google and it’s free for everyone. With Gmail you can send and receive emails, send emails with file attachments, schedule emails and what not.
The Gmail app is built-in on Android smartphones and is also available for iPhones. Desktop users can use the web version of Gmail to manage their emails from any web browser.
While the web version of Gmail is user-friendly and bug-free, desktop users are still looking for faster access to Gmail. Desktop users have always expressed interest in a dedicated one Gmail app for desktopbut unfortunately there is no desktop app available for PC.
Is there an official Gmail app for Windows?
If you are an active Gmail user, you may want to have a dedicated Gmail app on your Windows PC. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated Gmail app available for Windows.
Although it’s not officially available, you can still use Gmail on the web as an app on your PC with a few workarounds.
If you don’t want to use Gmail on the web, you can link your Gmail account to Windows Mail app to manage your Gmail emails.
Download and install Gmail on Windows
To install Gmail web version as an app on Windows 10/11, follow the steps below. We have shared steps for both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome web browsers.
1. Install Gmail as an app in Windows with Chrome
We will be using the Google Chrome web browser to Install Gmail as an app on Desktop with this method. To do that, just follow some of the simple steps we’ve shared below.
1. First, open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Then visit Gmail. com and log in to your account.
3. Once logged in, click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
4. Select from the list of options that appears More Tools > Create Shortcut.
Create Shortcut” width=”473″ height=”500″ srcset=”https://techviral.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Install-Gmail-as-an-app-in-Windows-using-Chrome-3.jpg 473w, https://techviral.net/wp -content/uploads/2023/03/Install-Gmail-as-an-app-in-Windows-using-Chrome-3-284×300.jpg 284w” size=”(max-width: 473px) 100vw, 473px”>
5. At the Create Shortcut prompt, enter Gmail as the name, check the box ‘Open as windowoption and clickTo create‘.
6. Now go back to your desktop screen. You see one Gmail icon; this is a progressive web app. Opening this app opens the web version of Gmail, but in an app’s interface.
That is it! You can install Gmail on Windows using the Google Chrome web browser.
2. Install Gmail as an app in Windows using Edge
Like the Google Chrome browser, Edge also allows you to install Gmail as an app on your computer. Here’s how to use the Edge browser to install Gmail as an app on Windows.
1. Launch the Edge browser on your computer and visit Gmail. com.
2. Then click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
3. Select Apps > Install this site as an app from the list of options that appears.
Install” width=”640″ height=”293″ srcset=”https://techviral.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Install-Gmail-as-App-in-Windows-Using-Edge-2.jpg 640w, https://techviral.net/wp-content /uploads/2023/03/Install-Gmail-as-App-in-Windows-Using-Edge-2-300×137.jpg 300w” size=”(max-width: 640px) 100vw, 640px”>
4. Type ‘Gmail‘ as the app name and click on it to install knob.
5. This will add the progressive Gmail app to your Windows desktop. You can run it and use it as an app.
How to uninstall Gmail from Windows?
Removing the Gmail app from Windows is easy. To do so, follow the steps we have shared below.
1. Click the Windows Search button and type ‘Control panel‘. Then open the Control Panel app from the list of matching results.
2. When the Control Panel opens, click Programs and features.
3. Then find the Gmail app. Right click on it and select ‘To delete‘.
You can also uninstall Gmail directly from Search Windows. Search in Gmail, right click on it and select ‘To delete‘.
These are the few best ways to download Gmail for desktop. The advantage of using progressive web apps is that you don’t have to open the browser to visit the site. When you want to use Gmail, double-click the desktop icon and you can use the web version right away.
Also Read: How to Send Self-Destructing Emails to Your Friends in Gmail
I hope this article helped you; make sure to share it with your friends. If you need more help downloading the Gmail app for desktop, let us know in the comments below.