Download Amazon Photos Desktop App
A lot has changed in recent years. A few years ago we upgraded our HDD/SSD to store more media files. People rarely upgrade their storage systems these days as they have cloud photo storage services.
If you don’t know, Cloud Photo Storage services allow you to backup, store, share and access your photos from any device. A best example of Cloud Photo Storage Services is Google Photos, which is built-in on Android smartphones.
Google Photos is one of many in the market that offers free photo storage services; it has many competitors like Dropbox, Amazon Photos, etc.
This article discusses Amazon Photos and how to install it on your computer. Let’s all about the Amazon Photos cloud service.
What is Amazon Photos?
Amazon Photos is one photo storage service intended for Amazon Prime subscribers. However, it also has a free plan with limited cloud storage space for storing your precious images and videos.
Amazon Photos is less popular than Google Photos or similar services; because Amazon never marketed it properly. The photo storage service needs more exposure to take off.
Talking about the features, the Amazon Photos app can save photos and videos from your computer, phone, or other supported internet-connected devices.
After uploading photos or videos to the photo storage service, you can access them from any device. You need to log into Amazon Photos on compatible devices and get the memories back.
Download Amazon Photos Desktop App
If you have an Amazon account or are a Prime subscriber, you can download and install the Amazon Photos app on your desktop.
The Amazon Photos Desktop app lets you back up and organize your photos from your computer or mobile devices.
The app is free for all users, but Prime members get additional benefits such as more storage space. Here’s how to download Amazon Photos for desktop.
1. First, open your favorite web browser and visit this web page. Then click on the ‘Download the app‘ knob.
2. This will download the Amazon Photos installer. Run the installer and click the to install knob.
3. Now you have to wait for the Amazon Photos Desktop app to be downloaded and installed on your computer.
4. Once installed, the app will launch automatically and prompt you to do so To register. Enter your Amazon account credentials and click the Sign In button.
5. You will now see the welcome screen. You can go through the settings or click the Sset chicken knob.
6. Finally, after installation, you will see it main interface of Amazon Photos Desktop app.
That is it! Here’s how to download the Amazon Photos desktop app on your PC.
How to set up Amazon Photos Desktop Backup
If you use a free Amazon account, you get 5 GB of storage space for photos and videos. You can store your precious photos in the cloud services and access them later from any device by logging into Amazon Photos.
Follow some of the simple steps we shared below to backup photos on Amazon Photos desktop.
1. Open the Amazon Photos desktop app and click ‘Backup‘.
2. On the backup screen, you will be prompted to add folders that will be automatically backed up. Click on the ‘Add a folder to the backup‘ button and choose the folders.
3. Then, in the backup settings, select the backup destination, upload changes, and file type. If you only want to back up photos, select ‘Photos’. You can also choose to back up ‘Photos + Videos‘ or ‘Everything‘.
4. After making the changes, click the To rescue knob.
5. Now wait for the Amazon Photos app for desktop to upload your folder to its cloud storage.
6. You see the ‘Backup completedsuccess message once uploaded.
That is it! Here’s how to set up and use the Amazon Photos Desktop app. The photos and videos stored in your selected folder are automatically uploaded to Amazon Photos.
How to access the uploaded photos on Amazon Photos?
It is easy to access the uploaded photos and videos. You just need to use the Amazon Photos app on supported devices to access your media files.
The Amazon Photos app is available for iPhone, Android, Desktop, FireTV, and other devices. You’ll need to install the app or access the web version of Amazon Photos to view all of your photos and videos.
You can also download the media files stored in your Amazon Photos on your devices. Open the Amazon Photos app, choose the media file and select Download.
Can anyone see my Amazon Photos account?
Only you can view the media files stored in your Amazon Photos accountT. However, if you intentionally give someone else access to your Amazon account, they will be able to see all the media files uploaded to your Amazon Photos.
As a best security and privacy practice, do not share your Amazon account with anyone. However, with Amazon Photos, you can share photos or videos via text, email, or directly to social networking platforms.
Will I lose photos if I cancel the Prime subscription?
No, canceling the Amazon Prime subscription will not delete all your uploaded photos. Once the Prime account is cancelled, your account will be downgraded to the free version and you will have 5 GB of storage.
If you already have more than 5 GB of photos and videos saved to your Amazon account, you can still access and view them, but you can’t upload anymore.
It’s that easy download amazon photos for desktop. We also shared steps to set up and use Amazon Photos on PC. Let us know if you need more help on this topic in the comments. And if the article helped you, share it with your friends.