With over 2 billion active users, WhatsApp is by far the best instant messaging app for Android and iOS. Yes, WhatsApp can be accessed from the desktop via the web or desktop app, but instant messaging is more popular on mobile devices.
Over the years, WhatsApp has become a one-stop solution for all your communication needs. These days, the app lets you text, make voice and video calls, and participate in group video calls.
What is more interesting is that WhatsApp regularly releases new features for the app. In this article we will discuss the WhatsApp call links position. The feature isn’t new, but it’s something you should be aware of.
What are WhatsApp call links?
WhatsApp call links are less popular, but they are very effective. It’s basically a link that users can create so that others can join a conversation.
By calling we mean both audio and video calls. The goal is to create a link for an audio/video call on WhatsApp and share it with others.
The main advantage of generating WhatsApp Call Links is that anyone with the link can join the call at any time. This takes the pressure off of joining a conversation when you’re too busy.
After generating a call link on WhatsApp, you need to share it with anyone you want to join the call. The feature is already available in the WhatsApp app for Android and iOS, and here’s how to create one.
Things you should know before creating WhatsApp call links
Now that you know the purpose of WhatsApp Call Links, you should also consider a few things before creating one.
- Calling links are only available on WhatsApp for Android and iOS.
- Anyone with your call link can join the calls. So make sure you only share it with people you trust.
- The users on your WhatsApp block list will not enter your call link.
- The WhatsApp call links will expire if not used for 30 days.
- You can’t create a call link once it’s generated, but WhatsApp can revoke links for privacy and security reasons.
Create WhatsApp call links
It’s quite easy to create WhatsApp Call Links on Android and iOS; you just need the latest version of the WhatsApp app. Here is how to make whatsapp call links.
Remark: We used an Android smartphone to demonstrate the steps. iPhone users must follow the same steps.
1. First, open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
2. When the app opens, switch to the To call to action tab.
3. On the Calls tab, select ‘Make bell linkoption.
4. Next, on the Create Call Link screen, tap on the Call type option.
5. You will see a prompt asking you to select the call type. Just choose between Video or voice.
6. Once created, you will find three options to share whatsapp call link.
7. If you want to share the WhatsApp contact link, select the ‘Send link via WhatsAppoption and select the contact.
8. If you want to share the link with another app, select the ‘Share linkoption and choose the app you want to share the link with.
You can also copy the link and manually share it on another app or site. That is it! This is how you create WhatsApp call links on Android/iOS.
How to join WhatsApp Call Link?
If you’ve received a WhatsApp Call link, you’ll see a “Join calling‘ as soon as you click on the link.
Tapping the Join Call button will take you to the call screen. Here you will see the participants and a ‘Join’ button to join the call.
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that you may still have some doubts about using WhatsApp Call Link. Below we have answered all the most frequently asked questions about call links on WhatsApp.
Can anyone join WhatsApp Call Link?
No, anyone with a WhatsApp account can only join your conversation by opening the link. For example, if your friend doesn’t have a WhatsApp account, clicking the link will prompt them to install the WhatsApp app first.
Can I create an unlimited call link?
Well, there are no restrictions on creating call links. Whenever you create a call link, the URL will be different and safe.
Are Call Link calls end-to-end encrypted?
Yes, the call-link calls are end-to-end encrypted. So you can participate in conversations without worrying about an intermediary listening to you.
Do call links ever expire?
Yes, the call links will expire if not used for 30 days. If the call links were used, they would not expire.
So this guide is all about how to create and share whatsapp call links. It’s a great feature, and you should use it. If you need more help creating WhatsApp call links, let us know in the comments. And if the article helped you, share it with your friends.