Amazon is probably the largest and most popular ecommerce and shopping site out there. It also has apps available for both Android and iOS. While Amazon’s website and mobile app are fairly easy to use, some of the options may confuse users.
For example, if you just joined Amazon, you may need help accessing the option to change country/region. Amazon lets its customers shop internationally; that’s why you need to change the country or region on Amazon from time to time.
If you are someone who regularly travels to new countries, this feature can be very useful for you. Since Amazon is spread across all countries, you can easily switch countries. Therefore, if you are looking for ways to change the country on Amazon, continue reading the guide.
Ways to change countries on Amazon
Below we have shared some of the easy and best ways change country on Amazon. We’ve shared the steps for both the Amazon website and mobile apps. Let’s start.
Change country/region on the Amazon website
You don’t need to update your preferences if you just want to shop from another country. You can simply change the country without changing your Amazon account settings. Here’s what to do.
1. First open your favorite web browser and visit Amazon website.
2. Next, just below the search bar, click the national language drop.
3. In the list of options that appears, select Change country/region.
4. On the next screen, click on the drop-down under ‘Select your preferred country/region website‘ and select the country/region.
That is it! Here’s how to change the country/region on Amazon. Keep in mind, however, that this is a temporary change; to make the new language permanent, you need to follow the next method.
How to change your Amazon account country
If you’ve moved to a new country, it’s best to update your billing information and change countries. Doing this saves you from having to manually enter your billing information and change the location. Here’s what to do.
1. First, visit the Amazon website from any web browser and log into your account.
2. Then click on the Account & Lists dropdown and select ‘Manage your content and devices‘.
3. On the Manage your content and devices screen, switch to the ‘Preferencestab.
4. Click on the Preferences Country/Region Settings.
5. Then click on the Change button next to your current country.
6. Now update your new billing information, set the country in the drop-down list and click To update knob.
That is it! This way you can change the country of your Amazon account in simple steps.
How do you change the country in the Amazon app?
Suppose you have moved to Canada or want to browse the store catalog available to Canadian users. In this case, you need to change the Amazon country to Canada. You can also use the Amazon mobile app to change countries. Here’s how to change the country in the Amazon app.
1. First, open the Amazon app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Then tap the burger menu in the upper right corner.
3. In the list of options that appears, expand it Settings menu.
4. Under Settings, tap National language.
5. Then tap Country/Region and update your new country. Likewise, you also need to change the language.
6. When done, tap the Done knob.
That is it! Here’s how to change the country in the Amazon app.
So, this guide is all about how to change the country on Amazon. After changing the country, you must also change the language on Amazon. If you need more help changing the country on Amazon, let us know in the comments below. And if the article helped you, share it with your friends.