Facial tracking software is a computer vision-based technology solution designed to detect the ever-moving person’s face on the screen. The technology-driven innovation benefits multiple business domains from social media and AR-powered video games to touchless UI and even smart payment.
However, the ML-based landscape is pricey which makes it a rather expensive investment to create custom facial tracking apps from scratch. Instead, vendors can integrate ready-made software products that are currently booming. In turn, the market is thriving and new technology-driven solutions emerge daily which means it would become a nerve-racking process to choose a reliable partner.
If you’re puzzling over the right-fit facial tracking software provider, keep reading the post to find out:
- What is Facial Tracking: Nuts and Bolts
- 8 Examples of face tracker and detector solutions.
What Is Facial Tracking Software: Nuts and Bolts
In simple terms, facial tracking refers to identifying the precise to-the-second location of a person’s face in real-time. The technology utilizes computer vision algorithms that run multiple frames per second to detect ever-moving dots and build a smooth tracking process.
Many brands and professionals often confuse the technology with face recognition (database-centric face-to-image matching) and face detection (identifying human faces in digital images) tools, but they serve a different purpose in most use cases. For this reason, we decided to prepare a list of 8 market-leading facial tracking SDK solutions and libraries that can empower web and mobile apps with innovative technologies.
8 Examples of Best Facial Tracking Software 
Now, let’s see the best-known examples of facial tracking software, both proprietary and open-source.
1. Banuba Face AR SDK
Banuba is an AR-driven computer vision lab founded in 2016 to facilitate face-related augmented reality through innovation-based technology solutions. A comprehensive neural network-centric expertise has allowed the vendor to empower their products with facial tracking, face and body segmentation, and even hand tracking capabilities which trailblaze the business landscape.
The provider utilizes an AR engine SDK Banuba which helped deliver Face AR and Video Editor SDK solutions that include must-have computer vision technologies for high performance and jitter-free user experience.
- Cross-platform nature supporting iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Web, and Unity
- AR-powered beauty and face filters, real-time 3D avatars, background segmentation
- Never-seen-before background segmentation with web application support
- Asset store with 1000+ filters and effects
- Gesture recognition support
- Selfie and full-body segmentation
- Real-time and post-processing support
- Agora SDK native integration
- Meta, Gucci, Samsung are among the top clients.
- 14-day free trial.
Meishe is a Beijing-based R&D lab and AR-powered face tracking product-based company founded in 2014 to provide ARkit facial tracking software and video editing SDK with real-life simulated characters.
The vendor has also launched a self-developed face detection animated sticker solution which facilitates mobile short video, social media, and live broadcasting experiences. With development teams in mind, the provider offers purpose-wide customization opportunities which enable tech-savvy professionals to create their own face sticker features.
- 2D/3D sticker rendering engine supporting face props, fit masks, physics and particle systems, and gesture triggering
- 11+ face beauty enhancements from whitening to basic microdermabrasion within a multi-faceted beautification solution
- Cross-platform nature supporting mobile, web, and desktop applications
- AI-driven gesture recognition technologies supporting 6 types of triggers like index finger, palm, thumb, heart finger, etc.
- Face prop making tools that allow for customized sticker creation
- Asus, Xiaomi, and Oppo are among the top-tier clients.
DeepAR is a market-leading technology-driven AR-based software development company providing top-notch augmented reality-enabled infrastructure for product teams and brands. Supported by 60 million monthly users and top-tier brands like Coca-Cola, Google, RayBan, and Lego, the provider offers business-to-business and business-to-developer face AR SDK solutions with tracking, segmentation, and rendering capabilities.
DeepAR innovative products help multiple brands introduce AR-powered experiences via virtual try-on, augmented reality advertising, video chatting and conferencing, and immersive social media applications.
- Cross-platform nature with iOS, macOS, Android, HTML5, and Windows support
- Real-time 3D face filters and masks, beauty and makeup effects, hair and background segmentation
- 17-point body tracking and emotion detection
- Asset store, Creator Studio, and Developer Portal as out-of-the-box tools for seamless creation and management
- Free up to 10 MAUs (monthly active users)
- Google, Hike, Ray-Ban, Oath, and Verizon Media are among the world-leading customers.
Image Metrics is a world-leading computer vision and machine learning company producing AR-powered facial and body software solutions. Founded in 2020, the vendor has launched multiple trailblazing products like eyewear and cosmetics try-on, social AR tools recognized by Walt Disney, Intel, Nissan, Rockstar, and even EA.
In 2019, the company launched LUNAR – an AR-enabled platform to accelerate the time-to-market period by smooth integration of jaw-dropping augmented reality effects.
- Multi-platform support including mobile (iOS and Android) and hybrid (React Native and Xamarin)
- Multi-purpose virtual try-on solutions, augmented reality-enabled face masks, real-time 3D scenes
- Real-life 2D/3D body tracking for short video content creation and AR gaming
- L’Oreal, Baidu, and Nissan are among the market-leading clients.
MoodMe is a Luxembourg-based emotion-economy AR experiential and insights company founded in 2011 to revolutionize the face recognition landscape. Being a first-to-come R&D lab that released real-time 3D avatars for smartphones, the vendor has won multiple French and Luxembourg-oriented grants to produce never-seen-before AR face filters with optional AI-driven emotion insights technology.
- Cross-platform nature supporting Android, iOS, Unity, and web platforms
- 3D face filters, emotion recognition, detection of age, race, and sex; virtual background, beautification, etc.
- Demo apps on PlayMarket and AppStore
- FIFA, Qatar Airways, and Gucci are among the world-known clients
Facial tracking software is a way to transform business-customer relationships through augmented reality technologies. Many industry-leading brands like Gucci, EA, Baidu, Nissan, and Google adopt computer vision algorithms to tune their self-developed products with innovations that customers enjoy.