To get the best media consumption experience, we need to use the best media player software. Fortunately, there are plenty of media player apps available for Windows in the likes of VLC, MPC, GOM Player, etc. However, out of all those, VLC seems to be the best one.
VLC Media player is one of the best media player app available for Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. The best thing about VLC is that it supports almost all video format and provides a better video watching experience.
However, VLC is not the only one of its kind out there. In fact, there are plenty of really great and feature-rich media player app available out that there that can be used instead of VLC. So, in this article, we are going to share a list of best VLC Media Player alternatives.
Best VLC Alternatives For Windows 10
It’s worth noting that there are hundreds of media player app available for Windows and mentioning all of them is not possible in a single article. So, we have listed only the ones which are popular and tested by us.
1. Media Player Classic
It is one of the best and top-rated media player software available for the Windows operating system. The great thing about Media Player Classic is that it supports a wide range of video file format. Not just that, but Media Player Classic also offers users a few customization options to enhance the video watching experience as well.
- The media player is heavily popular among Windows users.
- Compared to other media players, VLC media player supports more formats.
- The media player can be used to convert & download videos.
- The user interface looks clean and simple.
Just like the VLC media player, PotPlayer also supports a wide range of video and audio file formats. However, the user interface of PotPlayer is superior to the VLC Media player. PotPlayer also offers users a few customization options, and it can deal with larger file types as well.
- The media player is known for its attractive user interface.
- It supports wide range of media file formats.
- The tool also offers you wide range of customization options.
3. GOM Media Player
Although GOM Media Player supports only popular file formats, the user interface is still unmatched by any other video player. What’s more interesting is that GOM Media Player also has a subtitle library that can search and download subtitles of playing video automatically.
- Gom Media Player is one of the lightweight media player app available on the web.
- It supports lots of popular video & audio file format.
- It has a subtitle library that searches and downloads subtitle automatically.
4. DivX Player
Well, if you are searching for a video player for Windows 10 that offers HEVC playback, then you need to pick DivX Player. Some other features of DivX Player include resuming scenes, loading random scenes, etc.
- It’s one of the powerful media player app available for Windows.
- The media player is known for its good looking user interface.
- It supports almost every major video and audio file formats.
The user interface of MPV looks pretty much similar to the Pot Player which has been listed above. If we talk about file format support, MPV supports a wide range of video and audio file formats.
- The media player tool is mainly known for its simple user interface.
- It supports most of the popular video & audio format.
- The media player also has subtitles and hardware acceleration support.
6. KM Player
The great thing about KM Player is that it supports a wide range of file formats including OGG, 3GP, FLV, MKV, etc. Not just that, but KM Player also supports 3D Movies, but users need to have 3D Glasses.
- This is one of the best media player app for Windows 10 to watch 3D movies.
- It supports a wide range of file formats including FLV, MKV, 3GP, OGG, etc.
- The media player is also capable to play 4K files.
7. Parma Video Player
It is another best VLC alternatives on the list which supports a wide range of video and audio file formats. The great thing about Parma Video Player is that it can load large file types without any lags.
- It’s a universal media player app for Windows to play video & music.
- It automatically scans and fins all moves stored on your computer.
- Parma Video player supports the majority of formats available.
- It also got the .srt Subtitle support.
It is another top-rated media player available for Windows operating system. What makes 5KPlayer more useful is its ability to stream video content from various video sharing sites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- The media player is mostly known for its awesome interface.
- 5K Player can play 4K files also.
- It supports almost all major video formats like FLV, MKV, AVI, etc.
- It can stream video content from video streaming sites.
9. SM Player
Well, SM Player is one of the best VLC Alternatives 2019 which you can use right now. The great thing about SM Player is that it supports a wide range of video formats and it has built-in codecs.
- It’s a free media player with built-in codecs.
- Thank’s to its built-in codes, it can play virtually all video and audio formats.
- The Media Player can also play YouTube videos.
- It comes with several skins and icon themes.
Well, AllPlayer is one of the good looking media player apps that you can use on your Windows computer. The best thing about AllPlayer is that it supports almost all major file formats including AVI, MKV, etc.
- It supports most of the popular file formats such as DivX, XviD, MP3, AVI, etc.
- All Player also got DVDs, Two Monitors, and TV Support.
- It also has support for Dolby Surround, SPDIF, and 3D Audio.
The great thing about UMPlayer is that it got the ability to stream video through YouTube, online TV, etc. Apart from that, UMPlayer packs almost everything that you need for proper media playback.
- UMPlayer is one of the best and simple to use Media player app.
- The app packs in lots of advanced features like Radio Streams.
- It supports almost every media format.
- UMPlayer also got a YouTube Player & Recorder.
12. FreeSmith Video Player
The VLC media player alternative for Windows supports a wide range of media formats like DivX, WMV, MPEG, AVI, etc. Apart from that, FreeSmith Video Player also got the ability to stream videos as well.
- The media player for Windows supports wide range of media formats.
- It also got the ability to stream videos from video sharing websites.
- The user interface is clean and lightweight.
If you are searching for a simple to use VLC media player alternative for your Windows 10 computer, then you need to give DAPlayer a try. Guess what? DAPlayer right now supports mode than 400 different audio and video formats.
- The Media Player for Windows supports more than 400 different formats.
- DAPlayer also got streaming support.
- It can also play 1080p High-Definition videos.
The most notable thing about JetVideo is its user-interface that’s well organized and looks clean. Apart from that, JetVideo also offers multiple themes for customization as well.
- It’s a full-fledged video player app for Windows 10.
- The Media Player for Windows is capable to play almost every major file format.
- The tool can also be used to convert the video files.
- It also offers Tag editing and subtitle feature.
15. ACG Player
If you are searching for a media player app for Windows that offers a gesture feature, then ACG Player might be the best pick for you. It’s a fully customizable VLC media player replacement for Windows that allows users to set up shortcut keys, stream online videos, etc.
- It’s one of the best and highly-customizable media player apps for Windows.
- ACG Player lets you set up shortcut keys, stream online videos, etc.
- It supports most of the popular video and audio file formats.
So, these are the best VLC Alternatives in 2020 that you can use right now. If you know any other such software, let us know in the comment box below.